Friday 3 May 2013

Turning Point

Could it be? Have I spoke too soon? Could this really be the turning point? Well, to be honest, I think that it is a mini turning point or maybe it is the equivalent to turning in deep thick mud as oppose to smooth ice. So. Some good news and some bad news. Let start with the bad news first shall we. There is something wrong with my eye. The docs think there is some sort of inflammatory process going on. It's not really affecting my vision, so that's good. The silver lining to this episode is that they want to let my eye settle down before starting anymore treatment which means I will definitely have this coming week off out of hospital and may even have the week after that - in total, I'm guaranteed to have two weeks off but may have three. 

And now for the good news. In my lasts posts I was talking about how the cancer is in remission in terms of when you look at it under the microscope but not in remission when you analyse my DNA. I had the results of my bone marrow biopsy today and it shows that I'm in total remission in both categories! I can't tell you how relieved I am to here that. I sort of still can't believe it, part of me worries that they have got the wrong patient! So this changes everything. It changes how I view the decision on the bone marrow transplant. I am now leaning more towards having the transplant; I know I will be accepting all sorts of horrible risks, but at least the risk of me dying has significantly dropped.

So there we have it. A turning point.

6 comments:

  1. Great news stari, happy to hear about the result! :) Sharul xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Thank you amazing Jesus x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nangi, extremely happy! Thanks god!
    Will go ...........!

    Chandana akki

    ReplyDelete
  4. just saw this a few days late as only had access to email now I am in hotel with wireless - it is truly wonderful news Stari and I will continue to pray for your strength and to see improvement in your eye problem - as for me having an interesting time here in Vietnam - - hard work teaching in mornings and clinical afternoon / evening - staff out here are just lovely and try to do so much to make your time as easy as they can - will get some relax time at week end - trying to keep some God time too - I am reminded of psalm 139 as I think about you, God Bless and hopefully your anchor stays out of stormy sea for a while yet God bless Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that that's great news! Fantastic! Wonderful Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I'll get a bottle of champaign out to celebrate (and don't u tell me it's too early coz i think this news is worth it! :P )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and questions here. Some people have had problems with this box so it might be worth saving your comment on a Word document first before you publish it in case it deletes it. Alternative ways to contact me are through Facebook and email on starigunarathne@gmail.com